Get a text message reminder
You can sign up to get a text message reminder sent to you the day before your court appearance if: you’re an applicant or respondent involved in a Disputes Tribunal hearing.
The text message will tell you where you need to go and what day and time you need to be there. You still need to go to court even if you didn't get the text message reminder.
How to sign up
You can sign up for the text message reminders by:
- filling in our text message reminder form [PDF, 184 KB]
- calling us on 0800 COURTS (0800 268 787)
- filling in the checklist form that was sent with your Notice of Hearing.
If you fill in a form
Then you should:
- email or post it to your local court or
- hand it in at your local court.
If you need help filling in the forms or have questions about the service, call us on 0800 COURTS (0800 268 787) or talk to a staff member at your local court.
Tell us if you want to change anything
Call us on 0800 COURTS (0800 268 787) or talk to a staff member at your local court if:
- your mobile number changes
- you didn’t get a text message about your appearance. Remember that you still need to go to court even if you didn't get the text message reminder.
If you want to stop getting the reminders, just reply 'STP' to one of your text message reminders at any time.
Who can't get these reminders?
You can't get these text message reminders if:
- your hearing is not at the Disputes Tribunal
- you didn't ask for the reminders before the hearing.